Re: a joint letter on low latency and Linux

From: yodaiken@fsmlabs.com
Date: Sun Jul 02 2000 - 16:45:46 EST

On Sun, Jul 02, 2000 at 02:05:50PM -0600, Richard Gooch wrote:
> IIRC, you don't like RTLinux because you don't like the programming
> model. And if you search back a couple of years, you'll see I've
> complained about the RTLinux API as well. Not that it's ugly, just
> that it's different.

BTW: In response to Richard's complaints, as well as to problems with
the API when we went to SMP, and to the discovery of POSIX 1001.13
we have switched over to a Pthreads based API -- and gdb even works.
It's not that different. I'm still trying to figure out a good solution
to Richard's request for user space. I'm not happy with anything I come
up with or hear about, but maybe someone will figure it out.