bug in ld.so

From: Michael M (lordvader@eisa.net.au)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 11:39:40 EST

> [user@host:~]$sawmill
> BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dynamic-link.h: 57: elf_get_dynamic_info:
> Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed!
>
> debian 2.2 linux 2.4.0-test2
> glibc 2.1.3
> ld.so.1.9.11
>
>I see this too, and it definitly goes away if I go back to a 2.2.16 kernel.
>I am running 2.4.0-test2 on a Red Hat 6.2 system. I get this error when
>I try and run mozilla, which does a LOT of shared library loading.

I too have been getting it. Sometimes its completely random (such as the
messages when you open a new terminal after a few hours use), but some
other times its consistent. Lately its been preventing me from
installing GCC 2.95.2, even though it compiles properly.
Though I haven't done much thorough testing, I do notice that this did
not exist in 2.4.0-test1, nor any other development kernel.
All I know it that it's stuck me with egcs 1.1.2, which is fine, but
after trying gcc 2.95, you can't go back (same goes for development
kernel, then going back to stable).

Toodles.