Bad TCP performance (2.2.16+errate SMP)

From: Ilpo Ruotsalainen (lonewolf@taikatech.com)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 04:44:02 EST

This might be a FAQ but has anyone else than me noticed that 2.2.16
(+errata patch) seems to have VERY bad TCP performance on SMP machines when
transferring to/from a host outside the LAN? Seems like TCP (retransmit or
slow ack?) timer problem to me, is there a fix for this available or
something?

Happens on two different machines in different networks, both running
2.2.16+errata on dual CPU SMP configuration, different network cards. Other
UP machines running same kernel seem to work just fine.

--
Ilpo Ruotsalainen <lonewolf@taikatech.com>