Re: [patch] 2.4.0-test2: %cr4 in a register dump

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@veritas.com)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 10:16:03 EST

On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It looks like Linux makes more and more use of the %cr4 register. But it
> is not included in a register dump. I use the following patch to include
> the register in the dump. The code tries to approximate the %cr4 presence
> condition by cpuid flags and is hopefully obvious. It applies cleanly to
> 2.4.0-test2. So far I used it to verify the "notsc" option works as
> expected.
>
> Maciej

good stuff - the original version of my patch (that added support for
dumping %cr registers to show_regs() contained %cr4 unconditionally but
Linus edited it out and only accepted the cr0/cr2/cr3 part - at that time
I only did a simple CONFIG_MXXX compile-time test instead of your big
if() - I didn't think of it at the time :)

Regards,
Tigran