emu10k1 lockup? (was: xfree and devel kernels > 2.3.99-pre6)

From: Pete Toscano (ptoscano@netsol.com)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 12:24:16 EST

hello,

my machine crashed again. running 2.4.0-test2 smp. the machine has dual
p3-600 processors, 512M ram, soundblaster live, matrox 400. ever since
pre7 and above, it would always seem to lock up in x. for a while, i
thought it was an x/kernel interaction problem, but then i got the
serial console with kdb running. (thanks, keith. =)

the last time it crashed, i posted an oops and it looked like the lockup
happened in the emu10k1 module. someone on the list suggested that i
compile the module into the kernel so that problems could be debugged
better, so i did. attached are the oops, the ksymoops output run on
this oops, and some kdb output (hopefully relevant) that keith said
might be useful in helping debug the problem. (the kdb stuff has been
edited down substantially for the sake of everyone on this list, so if
you want to see me, email me directly.)

let me know if you need further detail as i'm very eager to help stomp
out this bug.

thanks,
pete

--
Pete Toscano      p:sigsegv@psinet.com        w:ptoscano@netsol.com
GPG fingerprint: D8F5 A087 9A4C 56BB 8F78  B29C 1FF0 1BA7 9008 2736