Re: a joint letter on low latency and Linux

From: Phil Wilshire (philw@zentropix.com)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 22:28:55 EST

Off topic I'm sorry..

OSF/1 and Hard Real Time.. I remember those days.

Indeed OSF/1 was touted as a HARD REAL TIME UNIX
( small print .. single user / no network )

I first tried it 5 years ago and got a very interesing response from
Digital to the odd but frequently missing 150mS gaps in execution.

Every now and again I get a reminder of how bad it all was before
Linux...

  Phil Wilshire