UART support 2.2 + PCMCIA.

From: Roger Gammans (rgammans@computer-surgery.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 04:31:39 EST

Hi

I've need some additional serial ports on my laptop
for some time and have finally found an available PCMCIA serial device.

However it is based on the 16C950 UART and ideally I'd like to
use it with 2.2.
The UART datasheets claim it is compatible with the 16750 which
serial.c(v4.27) claims it supports, and 2.4's serial.c(v5.01) claims
support for the 16950.

So am I going to have to use 2.4, ought I use 2.4, on pain of
kernel panics, or have I just got myself into a whole load
of kernel development?.

TTFN

--
Roger