Re: PATCH: clear blocked AND pending on exec

From: Tim Hockin (thockin@isunix.it.ilstu.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 05 2000 - 14:52:41 EST

> The new process image also inherits the following attributes from
> the calling process image:
>
> [...]
>
> (12) Process signal mask (see 3.3.5)
>
> (13) Pending signals (see 3.3.6)
>
> [...]
>
> So either part of your patch contravenes POSIX, I'm afraid.

I don't have POSIX at hand, but does it not also specify exec() from a
signal handler is OK? I am pretty sure it does. In this case, the new
image has the "current" signal blocked. Is this proper? It seems obtuse that
a process would have to do sigemptyset() and sigprocmask() before exec().

comments? should we perhaps clear the 'current' signal from the mask, or
is that just overinterpreting?

Tim