Re: ext3-0.0.2e released

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 11:30:10 EST

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Ookhoi wrote:

> Yeah, I know, but then again, why do they all want to fsck? We have so
> many nice journaling file systems now.

Maybe because if the damn drivers are not cool with ext2, they will not
work with journaling, you think that is valid enough reason? As new
hardware is created and added, it is nice to have something that you know
and can test that one has played with for 6+ years.

If someone asks why or how on a given subject, don't go orthoginal (sp).

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy