2.3.10 kernel upgrade - system map problem

From: kevin (kevin.s@taligent.net)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 23:01:24 EST

Hello,

I have recently upgraded redhat linux 6.2 (kernel 2.2.14-5.0)
to kernel 2.3.10. I need this for drivers.

The new kernel works fine on my system but I am
getting a few errors with system map

in /var/log/messages

Inspecting /boot/System.map
Symbol table has incorrect version number.
Cannot find map file.
Loaded 6 symbols from 1 module

Presumably i need to make a new system map
because it's a different kernel...

Can anyone give a hint how to sort this?

additional errors (if anyone knows how to sort these!)

sysctl: error: 'net.ipv4.ip_always_defrag' is an unknown key
sysctl: error: 'kernel.sysrq' is an unknown key

3, A final note, does anyone know a good kernel resource
which documents problems/weaknesses of different linux 2.3.*
devolopment kernels.

All help appreciatted

Kevin D.