Re: Kernel 2.2.14 OOM killer strikes.

From: Derek Martin (derek@cerberus.ne.mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 19:22:08 EST

Today, willy@thepuffingroup.com gleaned this insight:

> Please, can we not have this discussion again? It's only about a month
> since it last appeared.
>
> READ THE KERNEL ARCHIVES BEFORE POSTING ONE MORE ARTICLE IN THIS THREAD!

What was the name of the thread? What dates was it posted? You did
notice that this list gets 100-200 messages posted every day, right?
Telling someone to go read the archives is really pretty futile, since no
one has time to hunt through all those messages looking for the thread in
question, or at least no one with a job not tied directly to kernel
hacking... I certainly don't.

But if you can tell me what to look for, I'd be more than happy to go
read the archives. That would be preferable, in fact, since it would be
much faster than posting a bunch of messages, reading replies, rinse
repeat.