Re: problem with AMD DURON CPU

From: Gabor Lenart (lgb@ns.veszprog.hu)
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 05:23:40 EST

On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 08:21:24PM +0200, Michael Kummer wrote:
> hello there!
>
> is there any1 who installed linux/unix on a AMD DURON based system?
>
> i tried several distros with linux 2.2.14-2.2.16 but my system freezes in
> the case of 2.2.14 and i got a kernel panic with 2.2.16.

I don't know if Linux kernel has support for duron (eg: detecting cache
size, detect CPU etc), but AFAIK first duron series hava got a bug returns
with only 1K cache installed though duron has got 64K. Correct me if it wasn't
correct but it should be considered if duron cache detecting goes in Linux
kernel source.

- Gabor