Re: Kernel 2.2.14 OOM killer strikes.

From: Thomas Zehetbauer (thomasz@hostmaster.org)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 02:30:07 EST

Hi!

Just my 2c on this: I have set up enough memory and swapspace that an OOM
condition can practically only occur if an application goes wild. This means
that one of the most simple solutions would be also the most efficient for me:
kill the process that has allocated the most memory. As this is of course not
a solution for many other people on this list I would suggest we make the
behaviour configurable:
- kill the process requesting memory
- kill the process consuming the most memory
- kill processes in the order of their nice value
- ...

Tom

I hate beeing a DNA molecule - there's so much to remember!
  T h o m a s Z e h e t b a u e r ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89
       mail pgp-key-request@hostmaster.org