every fs broken with dev block size > fs block size

From: Roman Zippel (zippel@fh-brandenburg.de)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 09:00:40 EST

Hi,

It's seems we have a new item for the TODO list.
While reading the new fs code I got curious whether mo disks with a dos fs
would still work. I just get my hands on a mo drive and tried it and I was
not suprised that it didn't work. Although file systems with a block size
that is smaller than the block size on the disk were never really
supported, it used to work for msdos as it used its own layer for that,
but even that is broken now.
Isn't it time introduce some generic support for this in the vfs layer to
help all fs?

bye, Roman