Re: porting linux

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 11:43:23 EST

> On the subject of MMUless, some time it would be a good thing IMHO
> to merge the ucLinux MMUless stuff into the main kernel tree.

Not for 2.4. Its bad enough having Al Viro on a crusade to rewrite the VFS
in a code freeze without trying this one.

> Thoughts?

I agree entirely that bringing them inline for 2.4 and then merging would
be a good thing

David Woodhouse has already suggested some interesting stuff since flash doesnt
need block devices where we cut out the whole block layer. ucLinux has code
for dropping out console support which benefits several people, and 2.4
ramfs is a real beauty for PDA type devices.

Now if only the boot loader would stop saying it didnt support my Velo CPU

Alan