RE: UDMA on WDC == (Re: 2.4.0-test4 Corrupt filesystems)

From: Cy (llucius@tiny.net)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 09:38:43 EST

Not exactly sure what you mean, so I'll list everything I can think of: B-)

Not overclocking.
Using default bios settings (now, had aggressive memory timings).
Have proper cabling.
Didn't see any error messages (lost the logs so I can't check).
I was using UDMA.
Not using hdparm.
Not using anything like powertweak.

One thing I thought of last night was that it worked fine for several
months, with 2.3.99 all the way up through 2.4.0-test2-pre7 (I miskeyed in
original message). When it happened the first time, I backed off to
test2-pre4 and ran that way for a bit. Then when test4 came out, I thought
I give that a try and the problem happened again.

Thanks much,

Leland