Re: sk->dead

From: kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru
Date: Sat Jul 15 2000 - 10:57:13 EST

Hello!

> My understanding is that the "sk->dead" field is doing
> nothing besides ensuring that the callback functions
> don't get called ..

No, it means that user closed this socket and
it is scheduled to die, when protocol will allow.

Callback functions are called not depending on this flag.
(Though such checks are really present, they are mostly meaningless.)
Callback functions verify conditions, when they are allowed
to do something themselves, by means known to them. Particularly,
default callback implementaions in 2.2 really rely on sk->dead.

> setting sk->dead = 1

You should not change this flag. It can be changed only by close routine.

Alexey