Re: 2.4.0-test4 no boot?

From: Michael Borrelli (mike@cc237069-b.brick1.nj.home.com)
Date: Sun Jul 16 2000 - 02:02:13 EST

Coy A Hile said...
> Robert L. Harris sez....
> > I just compiled 2.4.0-test4. When I go to boot the box, I get
> > "uncompressing kernel" and that's it.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >
> > Robert
>
> I have the same problem. Has anyone else seen this?

I've had this sort of thing happen to me when I didn't re-run lilo (or
other boot loader) after doing make install, even if the kernel is in the
same physical location. I assumed that it had something to do with the
starting offset in the kernel changing, but this is just a wild stab by a
newbie. (Why does this happen in reality?)

Good luck!
-mike