Does anyone else have a problem with the floppy since 2.2.x?

From: Allan Duncan (b372050@vus068.trl.oz.au)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 02:24:40 EST

I've had a bit of a try with 2.3.99 onwards, and can only get the floppy
to work if it is a module. Built-in gives about 100 lines of errors
on an attempt to mount a floppy, the main feature appears to be a
complaint that the I/O addresses for the floppy are already in use, which
according to /proc/ioports are still free.
In 2.2.x built-in is fine.
Does the floppy code depend on something else in the kernel I may have
turned off?

--
Allan Duncan  a.duncan@trl.telstra.com.au  (+613) 9253 6708, Fax 9253 6775
 Infrastructure Program - Core Network Architecture & Performance Section