2.4.0-test4 and DAC960

From: Matthew Dharm (mdharm-kernel@one-eyed-alien.net)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 16:55:08 EST

Somewhere between 2.4.0-test1 and -test4, my DAC960 RAID controller stoped
working. As soon as the initialization for the controller starts, the
kernel OOPSes with a null pointer dereference in the swapper.

No, I couldn't capture the oops. I can tell you that it's after the driver
has printed it's first line of introduction message and before it prints
anything else. That seems to narrow the problem down to one of the
initialization routines.

The problem occures regardless of if the driver is compiled-in or a module,
and happens every time I boot, when it tries to check the partition before
mounting it.

Matt Dharm

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm@one-eyed-alien.net
Senior Engineer, QCP Inc.                            Work: mdharm@qcpi.com

I want my GPFs!!! -- Stef User Friendly, 11/9/1998