Re: Resetting the Tx ring pointer

From: Andrew Morton (andrewm@uow.edu.au)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 16:41:01 EST

The driver thinks that the Tx ring is full, yet it has six spare slots.
It remains in limbo until a Tx timeout. I fixed this IRQ race in
3c59x.c in 2.2 and 2.4, but I confess it never occurred to me to send
some patches to David Hinds, who maintains the PCMCIA clients, of which
this driver is one.

I will do that thing, especially as it now appears that David's package
will be the recommended way of getting PCMCIA support in 2.4.

In the meanwhile, you could try recompiling the driver with
tx_interrupt_mitigation set to zero (if it's not). This doesn't fix the
problem, but it lessens its probability.