Re: DRIVE F**K Fest and no-one cares to look...

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 18:22:34 EST

ide-features.c: In function `ide_ioctl_verbose':
ide-features.c:144: `HDIO_TRISTATE_HWIF' undeclared (first use in this
function)
ide-features.c:144: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ide-features.c:144: for each function it appears in.)

delete line 144 out of ./drivers/ide/ide-features.c

I pulled the hotswap-tristate stuff for 2.5 because it was way to new for
2.4.

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jul 2000, Andre Hedrick wrote:
>
> >Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:19:01 -0700 (PDT)
> >From: Andre Hedrick <andre@linux-ide.org>
> >To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
> >Subject: DRIVE F**K Fest and no-one cares to look...
> >

> >Sheesh, I post a test request for a patch that needs/must to be in 2.4.0
> >but the changes are deep enough that the need to be tested hard and
> >quickly to make release. Linus will not take it at this time because of
> >the level of rewrite in the very guts of the driver, until it is test
> >hard. We have about 10 days before a cool-down period before for release
> >of 2.4.0. Damn-it I need proof that this is stable. Currently if you
> >invoke a bitch of a command it can/will eat the damn disk. No one has
> >invoked it yet, but that does not mean some one will not.
> >
> >Sheesh help me out here........
>
> Okee dokey... I'm off to grab the driver to test.. Assume no
> response means no problems.
>

> --
> Mike A. Harris Linux advocate
> Computer Consultant GNU advocate
> Capslock Consulting Open Source advocate
>
> ... Our continuing mission: To seek out knowledge of C, to explore
> strange UNIX commands, and to boldly code where no one has man page 4.
>

> -

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy