Re: MDA video detection request.

From: Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 19:06:03 EST

On 19 Jul 2000, Alan Shutko wrote:

>> And that was a big PITA. I'm glad it got merged in, and equally
>> frustrated at the ongoing "get rid of ISA" motherboard makers are
>> doing.
>
>Blame PC99. In order to get a "Designed for Windows" logo, you need
>to follow it, and it says "No ISA slots" (as well as a bunch of other
>things designed to impede you).

Tis true, and a shame... ;o(

Rather than blaming anyone, I'd rather just get pointers to
manufacturers who make boards for folks like me who want to get
what we need, rather than suck up to windows..

The way things are going now in Linux anyways, I'll likely be
able to use any ISA cards over a LAN anyways regardless of wether
they are sound/video or whatever.

Anyone working on "isad"? ;o) A daemon that exports ISA devices
over ethernet? ;o)

TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

... Our continuing mission: To seek out knowledge of C, to explore strange UNIX commands, and to boldly code where no one has man page 4.