Re: disk-destroyer.c

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 01:41:45 EST

On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Dan Hollis wrote:

> We can protect against badly written program which sends these commands
> by accident, but claiming it will protect against bad things by malicious
> root program is just an illusion...

ROOT can not do JACK to hurt the system, if you do not compile in the full
option! Basically everybody is bitching about something they never knew
they could do. I jsut wait to protect the basic sevice calls to the
kernel and then give you the best way to fuck yourself ever.

So yes without the full taskfile you protect the kernel and hardware alot.

With the full taskfile you can have an orgy!

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy