Re: The big IDE fight in a different light

From: Matthew Dharm (mdharm-kernel@one-eyed-alien.net)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 12:11:32 EST

I can assure you he isn't the first person to discover a way to physically
destroy a disk via software. It's not hard.... I can think of 3 or 4 ways
to do it right off the top of my head.

The way I figure it, Andre is the expert on this topic. If he says that
his driver is allowing a violation of the spec which has some nasty
consequences, then we should listen to him.

I just wish I could help test his patch... but I don't have any machines
available for testing that... everything is allready allocated to other
products (or production environments).

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm@one-eyed-alien.net
Senior Engineer, QCP Inc.                            Work: mdharm@qcpi.com

C: They kicked your ass, didn't they? S: They were cheating! -- The Chief and Stef User Friendly, 11/19/1997