Re: scsi-destroyer.c to come...

From: Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 19:34:49 EST

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Jeff Garzik wrote:

>Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 17:16:40 -0500 (CDT)
>From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@mandrakesoft.mandrakesoft.com>
>To: Andre Hedrick <andre@linux-ide.org>
>Cc: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
>Subject: Re: scsi-destroyer.c to come...
>
>On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Andre Hedrick wrote:
>> Note that both the patch and the exploit tool get published togather.
>
>Why not delay the posting of the exploit tool? It would at least give
>people time to propagate some fixes if necessary.

And get a replay of the existing thread only with s/IDE/SCSI/g?
No, I think I'd rather see it just come out all at once. In
fact, posting the exploit a week ahead of time on BUGTRAQ might
be the approach I would take if I were the one in the know...

--
Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate

... Our continuing mission: To seek out knowledge of C, to explore strange UNIX commands, and to boldly code where no one has man page 4.