Re: scsi-destroyer.c to come...

From: Stuart Lynne (sl@whiskey.fireplug.net)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 22:38:16 EST

In article <200007220120.LAA25188@typhaon.pacific.net.au>,
David Luyer <david_luyer@pacific.net.au> wrote:
>> David Luyer wrote:
>> > It is _much_ easier to do "cat </dev/zero >/dev/sda"

>> to depot for repair. My guess is that most people will be buying a new drive
>> since either a) they didn't have a warantee or b) it is expired.

Or, given the cost of labour vs. hardware today, simply not worth doing
anything other than buying a new (and likely faster, bigger, better) drive
and installing it.

If you manage to get a credit for the old on along the way thats great. But
if it costs more to get the credit than it is worth you just forget about it.

--
                                            __O
Fireplug - a Lineo company                _-\<,_