Re: scsi-destroyer.c to come...

From: CaT (cat@zip.com.au)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 22:39:17 EST

On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 08:02:58PM -0700, Andre Hedrick wrote:

> > > You're missing the point. Your example simply zeros out the data space. What
> > > Andre is talking about will actually damage the drive requiring you to ship it
> > > to depot for repair. My guess is that most people will be buying a new drive
> > > since either a) they didn't have a warantee or b) it is expired.
> >
> > Not his SCSI one. That was just a format disk. Andre is trying to make
> > something out of nothing new or surprising in the SCSI case.
>
> David Luyer == /dev/null
>
> The point of that example was to show it can be done.
> Do you think that I would expose more than that......
>
> I guess your company's IT is trivial and you can afford to have your
> servers issued a fragmented FORMAT command in the most critical part of
> the disk and wipe data that is not backed up.
>
> Are you that arrogant to not understand the nature of the example.
>
> GO-AWAY YOU ARE A END-USER!

He so very much is not. Andre, you're not going to win the argument by
randomly insulting every person who disagrees with you. Hell, I sincerely
doubt that you're going to win this argument by even selectively insulting
every person who disagrees with you.

Time to take a chill-pill.

--
CaT (cat@zip.com.au)                       URL: http://www.zip.com.au/dev/null

'He had position, but I was determined to score.' -- Worf, DS9, Season 5: 'Let He Who Is Without Sin...'