Re: scsi-destroyer.c to come...

From: David Luyer (david_luyer@pacific.net.au)
Date: Fri Jul 21 2000 - 23:49:52 EST

> CaT,
>
> I just realized that and apologized for being stupid, sleep deprived,
> and a maniac......
>
> Again I apologize to Mr. David Luyer, for the uncalled for abuse.

Andre,

As you're aware I've taken this to private email to you and thank you for your
apology - just in time to prevent my own sleep deprivation from causing a
rather impolite response to your flame.

I'm well aware of how frustrating it can be when you can't convince people
that a particular problem is a serious security issue (for me in the past it's
been a matter of context - where a problem was a serious security issue for
the environment of my previous employers but for 95%+ of people using Unix
on the internet it's a non-issue, but for those other 5% I still wanted to
push hard to have it fixed upstream; for you it's a matter of how other
people's perception of the bug you are discussing and the value and
effectiveness of implementing guards to prevent exploitation compares with
your own opinions on the subject). I only hope that a resolution is found
to the problem which is satisfactory to you and to whichever core kernel
developers were unhappy with your approach to the problem.

David.

David Luyer
Senior Network Engineer
Pacific Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd
Phone:  +61 3 9674 7525
Fax:    +61 3 9699 8693
Mobile: +61 4 1064 2258, +61 4 1114 2258
http://www.pacific.net.au        NASDAQ: PCNTF
<< fast 'n easy >>