Re: TO HELL WITH IT THEN......(re: disk-destroyer.c)

From: bodnar42@bodnar42.dhs.org
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 02:01:05 EST

On Sat, 22 Jul 2000, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > Since no one trusted that, I know what I am doing and required full
> > disclosure before I could complete the protection, we have to suffer the
> > outcome and work to prevent it now.
>
> Peer review has shown itself to be a good thing. This is how
> Linux came to be as it is today.
I've seen in many-a-changelogs of Alan's patches things along the lines of
'plugged a security hole that nobody knew about until now'. There are
times when peer review is unnessisary and damaging. I really doubt there
is anybody that would find a serious mistake in one of Andres patches of
that sort. Its better if the code is improved upon once a fuctional
version is already present in the kernel

Later,
        Ryan