Re: disk-destroyer.c

From: Martin Mares (mj@suse.cz)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 05:41:17 EST

Hello!

> I bet you'd say that sys_rm_rf SHOULD NOT exist.
>
> Now, by your (and everyone elses) argument, we can do the same thing
> via the /dev/ioport device, so its ok to have sys_rm_rf included in
> the kernel.
>
> This is the EXACT same argument that Andre/lkml is fighting over.
> Either you accept both arguments or neither argument. IMHO you'd have
> to be really stupid to accept neither argument. Choosing to accept one
> argument and not the other is not only inconsistent, but non-sensible
> and you should probably be shipped off to see the men in white coats.

I think that a better analogue for the check proposed by Andre is "implement
sys_rm_rf, but make it check whether the path we are passing to it is not
/, /bin or /sbin". :-)

                                Have a nice fortnight

--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@ucw.cz> <mj@suse.cz> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"Current root password is "p3s5vwF50". Keep secret."