courtesy (was Re: scsi-destroyer.c to come...)

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 10:46:16 EST

On Fri, 21 Jul 2000, Mike A. Harris wrote:
> And get a replay of the existing thread only with s/IDE/SCSI/g?
> No, I think I'd rather see it just come out all at once. In
> fact, posting the exploit a week ahead of time on BUGTRAQ might
> be the approach I would take if I were the one in the know...

It's just plain courtesy. You get the fix out before you get the
exploit out. If you do it the other way around, the users suffer. I
read BUGTRAQ too, and people complain mightily when an exploit is posted
before an attempt at a fix has been made.

Doesn't matter now. I don't even know why I bothered trying to convince
MR. CAPS LOCK of this.

        Jeff