Re: linuxThreads and coredumps

From: William R. Dieter (dieter@dcs.uky.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 16:42:26 EST

Yahoo Account wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to get proper core files in my linux multithreaded =
> application if I get
> any signals like segv, sigbus etc.

If you compile with debugging on you can always run your program in
gdb. On a good day gdb will show you where the SIGSEGV is when it
happens. Unfortunately, gdb is not 100% bug free when debugging
multithreaded stuff, but it works well enough most of the time.

IIRC you need at least verion 4.18 of gdb for multithreaded debugging to
work.

Bill.