flush_icache_range

From: Kanoj Sarcar (kanoj@google.engr.sgi.com)
Date: Sat Jul 22 2000 - 20:07:08 EST

Can anyone point out the logic of continued existance of flush_icache_range
after the introduction of flush_icache_page()? I admit that
flush_icache_range is still needed in the module loading code, but do we
need it anymore in the a.out loading code? That code should be incurring
page faults, which will do the flush_icache_page anyway. Seems like
double work to me to do flush_icache_range again after the loading has
been done.

This argument to delete the flush_icache_range calls from the a.out
not do unexpected things like touch the user address (thus allocating
the page, and doing the icache flush via the page fault handler much
earlier) before it starts reading the a.out sections in ...

Kanoj