Re: framebuffer

From: James Simmons (jsimmons@acsu.buffalo.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2000 - 08:20:35 EST

http://www.linux-fbdev.org

> Anyway, the only thing I wanted to know is; if I open the device, do I then
> have access to /all/ the RAM of the framebuffer? Like; my video-card has
> 16MB of ram, will I be able to mmap all of that? Or do I need to apply
> tricks? (like; setting it to some ridiculous high resolution)

Yes. fix->smem_len does equal the size of video ram for cards that can
change their video mode at run time. Otherwise smem_len equals the line
length times the height of the video resolution.

Q: Why did they deprecate a.out support in linux?
A: Because a nasty coff is bad for your elf.

James Simmons [jsimmons@linux-fbdev.org] ____/|
fbdev/console/gfx developer \ o.O|
http://www.linux-fbdev.org =(_)=