pc_keyb.c 3 button mouse emulation

From: Eric Olson (ejolson@math.uci.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 24 2000 - 15:19:03 EST

I would like to use the "Windows" key on my PC compatible notebook as the
middle mouse button. I would prefer to do this at the driver level as is
done on the Macintosh port rather than at the application level.

The three button Macintosh mouse emulation is in mac_keyb.c.

I would like to modify pc_keyb.c in a similar way so that I can generate
psaux mouse clicks with the pc keyboard. I think this should be easy for
someone who knows about such things, but I am not such a person.

I know there is already three button emulation for two button mice in the
form of simultaneously pressing both buttons. This is mostly usefull, but
there are some damaged applications which have mouse clicks of the form
press middle button (and hold it) and then press the left button, which,
even with all my acquired two button dexterity, I cannot possibly manage
with the current three button emulation.

Anyway, I am hoping that one of the current maintainers of this code might
see the use in such a feature and help. Since the ps/2 mouse and keyboard
drivers are now part of the same file, this hack may not even be so ugly.
If there is an existing way to do what I am wanting, then I apologize for
this message, but would then like very much to know what that way is.

All the best, Eric Olson, ejolson@math.uci.edu