Re: CML2 0.7.1 is available

From: Edward Betts (edward@debian.org)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 07:59:08 EST

"Eric S. Raymond" <esr@thyrsus.com> wrote:
> Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@intel.com>:
> > I didn't say that 'q' wrote out anything. I was asking that 'q' and
> > 'x' operate similar to vi, but now they operate exactly opposite from
> > vi.
> > In cmlconfigure, 'x' means exit and don't save. In vi, 'x' means
> > save & exit (or is a synonym for :wq ).
> > In cmlconfigure, 'q' means save & exit. In vi, 'q' means abort/quit
> > *right now*.
>
> OK, point made. I'll reverse these in 0.7.4.

I do not want to make this any kind of my keys are better than yours flamewar,
but I have to disagree. I am a regular vi user, and I never use `x' or `q', I
always use `:q!' or `:wq'. Could I suggest that the keys are left as they are.
As you point out they are the keys used by Berkeley Mail, they are also used by
Mutt and Elm, and Debian's Dselect uses x and q with the same meaning.

I would recommend you keep them as they are, but ultimately it is your
decision.

--
Don't worry  --  shop.