Re: [ANN] Linux Kernel Source Reference

From: Mike A. Harris (mharris@meteng.on.ca)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 17:19:17 EST

On 24 Jul 2000, Thomas Graichen wrote:

Riley Williams has done this about a year or so ago I believe,
and if I'm not mistaken he has every kernel ever released since
0.01 or so, plus all prereleases, etc.. It is a complete archive
of everything scrounged off the net and CD's, etc..

I can't remember his URL though. Now that I mentioned it though,
I'm sure he or someone else will provide it. I think he offers
it on CDR as well.

Hope this helps further your effort.
TTYL

>i just want to let you all know that there is now a small public
>service i just (half :-) finished setting up which i called
>
> The Linux Kernel Source Reference
>
>it's basically a cvs tree with all linux versions starting from
>1.0 until the latest one with a cvsweb www frontend and pserver
>remote functionality on top of it ... this way you can easily
>get or diff or whatever any ever released i(since 1.0 :-) version
>of the linux kernel source ... just have a look at it at
>
> http://innominate.org/~graichen/projects/lksr/
>
>... maybe you find it useful for studying the code, looking
>at changes, encircling bugs or other things (maybe just using
>cvs update instead of patching the kernel) ...
>
>all this is work in progress - so it will be more improved and
>better documented soon and - if more people should use it - will
>maybe get it's own machine (pserver access is limited to 5 parallel
>sessions for now - but will be increased if required - so don't
>give up and try it again some days later if it should always be
>busy)
>
>if you find any problems or bugs in it or have ideas or
>improvements feel free to mail me ... have fun

Mike A. Harris                                     Linux advocate
Computer Consultant                                  GNU advocate
Capslock Consulting                          Open Source advocate

... Our continuing mission: To seek out knowledge of C, to explore strange UNIX commands, and to boldly code where no one has man page 4.