Re: DriveReady SeekComplete Error

From: srwalter@yahoo.com
Date: Wed Jul 26 2000 - 16:56:20 EST

On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 02:34:08PM -0700, Andre Hedrick wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Peter Steiner wrote:
>
> > Andre Hedrick <andre@linux-ide.org> wrote:
> >
> > >You need the the latest ide patch on kernel.org or a 2.4.0 kernel with
> > >an auto-crc-dma-recovery-respeed.

I've used the 2.4.0-testX kernels; whenever I run them with Generic PCI DMA Support and SiS support, I get the same errors, and data corruption. I've had to reinstall Linux 3 times for that reason. I've tried the IDE patches in the past with no help, but I haven't tried the lastest kernel/IDE patch combination.

Also, if its any help, I have a no-name 48X ATAPI CD-ROM drive on my same channel as a slave; DMA works without errors for it. The CD-ROM drive only supports UDMA33, however.

--
Steven Walter
<srwalter@yahoo.com>

So, do you live around here often? -- Stephen Wright