Re: A simple question about readw, readw and the like

From: Abramo Bagnara (abramo@alsa-project.org)
Date: Thu Jul 27 2000 - 11:21:16 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

> > Does this means that there is no way to mmap the PCI IO space on any
> > platform other than ia32?
>
> PCI mmap to user space can be done (obvious coherency and other issues left
> to the user mode sufferer) but that isnt done by ioremap

I suppose you mean I need to use remap_page_range with the address
obtained from ioremap, don't you?

But, that apart, is a device driver that give available a part of the
PCI IO space of controlled card via mmap portable to all platforms that
have PCI?

And if this is true, the user application that use this mmaped area may
be written in a platform independant way?

I'd like that you show a little example of what you call "suffering".

--
Abramo Bagnara                       mailto:abramo@alsa-project.org

Opera Unica Via Emilia Interna, 140 Phone: +39.0546.656023 48014 Castel Bolognese (RA) - Italy Fax: +39.0546.656023

It sounds good!