Re: gettimeofday() non-monotonic on SMP kernel version 2.2.10

From: Christopher Thompson (chris@hypocrite.org)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2000 - 18:55:33 EST

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> I ported and applied the patch... and it made the problem much much
> worse. However, it helped to localize the problem to the TSC code. Perhaps
> I will find a solution with this info.

For what it is worth, you are welcome. I find it strange that
the patch (assuming you applied ...new... and then recompiled
your kernel with 'use tsc' off) made it worse. At that point,
the kernel should not be using the TSC at all.

I wonder if using the TSC partially corrects some other
underlying flaw.

<shrug> I think I'm out of my league here but if there's
anything I can do to help, let me know.

--
Christopher Thompson  http://hypocrite.org/  All spam is reported
- The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it.