Re: [patch] Re: ps/2 mouse (synaptics touchpad)

From: Vojtech Pavlik (vojtech@suse.cz)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 03:17:02 EST

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 09:09:12AM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > > Is there any other way to determine reconnect event ?
> >
> > Look at the Linux input drivers at http://www.suse.cz/development/input
> > - they've got the reconnect detection right.
>
> If someone has infinite bandwidth to go digging in that CVS and cares to send
> me the relevant pieces let me know. Otherwise I'll worry about this after
> 2.2.17

I fear it's not possible without at least partially understanding what's
going on with the mouse data, which the current driver does not. The
only heuristic I can imagine right now is checking that the 0xaa byte
was not preceded or followed by any other communication in any
direction for a reasonanble amounf of time (half a second or so).

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs