Re: Good luck when RedHat 7.0 comes out (was RE: test5 oops after kswapd)...

From: Jes Sorensen (jes@linuxcare.com)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 10:19:17 EST

Matthias> On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, jeff@ntcor.com wrote:
>> Keep in mind that Rawhide (and 7.0beta probably) uses GCC 2.96. So
>> if any of the below problems are bugs in the GCC compiler I would
>> suggest we make the kernel work around those problems or
>> *Everybody* that goes to 7.0 is going to freak out like me.

Matthias> I just checked the GCC home page, it's showing 2.95.2 as
Matthias> release. If you're using alpha software and it breaks, tough
Matthias> luck.

Thats totally irrelevant, gcc-2.95.2 whether it's considered a release
or not is unable to compile the 2.2.x kernels - well known issue that
will not get fixed. One should not do that it's as simple as that.

Jes