USB - ignorant questions

From: B. James Phillippe (bryan@terran.org)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 15:40:50 EST

Hello all,

I have some very ignorant questions about USB support in Linux. It seems
to be available and relatively stable for 2.2. Does it work well with USB
modems, and can you connect a USB cable between two PC's and use PPP across
it?

Second, and more important, is there any possible way to use the USB
subsystem support in any older kernel, such as 2.0? I know this sounds
rediculous, but I'm wondering how hard it would be to back-port (if it's
not already available).

Thanks,
-bp

--