2.2.17pre15 and SA_SIGINFO

From: H. Peter Anvin (hpa@transmeta.com)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 02:14:45 EST

Hello all,

I have a program which relies on being able to derive the address of a SIGSEGV. To do that, I use the SA_SIGINFO option to sigaction() and read out the faulting address from the si_addr parameter of the siginfo structure (second argument.) I also check si_code for SEGV_ACCERR.

Under 2.4 kernels, this works great. However, under 2.2.17pre15 (I downgraded because of stability problems) and glibc 2.1.2, si_code and si_addr are both 0. Is this simply unimplemented in 2.2 kernels, or is this a bug?

        -hpa

http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt