vesafb for Intel 810

From: Gerard Beekmans (gerard@linuxfromscratch.org)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 14:04:40 EST

I'm not subscribed to this list, so I'd appreciate it if you could CC
me, thanks.

On http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/30483.htm you can
read:

<quote>
Does the vesafb frame-buffer module work on the Intel 810 and Intel 815
Chipset Families?
No. The vesafb module can only make use of linear
VESA modes. The Intel 810 and Intel 815 chipset families use banked
modes and therefore, cannot boot into a frame-buffer. It would be
possible to add banked mode support to the vesafb driver, but as of
yet there are no plans to do so. The vga 16 color framebuffer
available in recent Linux kernels does function properly and can be
used in place of the vesafb framebuffer.
</quote>

My question is obvious by now I assume: are there plans implementing
banked mode support to the vesafb driver?

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org