Re: Fujitsu Hard drives & Linux - problems

From: Shawn Starr (spstarr@visualnet.rootpass.net)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 19:32:53 EST

I don't have windows ;-) not that I couldn't install it on the other HD
i'd have to partition and I dont wanna :-)

I dont know if this drive should be "blacklisted" since it is a UDMA33/66
drive on a real PC (unlike this Pentium 200 w/o MMX)

Yes, If I copy from one channel to the other i get IRQ DMA timeouts from
the Fujitsu drive. The WD and CD-ROM are on the primary channel the
Fujitsu is on the secondary channel as master. I dont see how the CD-Rom
would affect the drive.