Lockup with 2.2.15

From: Roger Gammans (roger@computer-surgery.co.uk)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 03:47:55 EST

Hi

Ok, I've been using gcc2.95.2 to compile so I'm going to have to recompile
to ensure this isn't the issue but...

On my notebook (mitac 6020+) I am seeing hard hangs after about 20 to 30 mins
of light use, but only when powered from the battery (so this points to
apm/acpi right?)

There is _no_ console output, (verified with serial console) and sysRq
doesn't work after a hang. If someone wants to give me pointers of where
to add some test printk's I see If I can trace it further as I guess
the failure could be inside the Bios.

Last time I tried this thought the fault just went away, and the machine
has been fine for the last month or so , but started failing again last
night .

I did change /etc/pcmcia/apm.opts, but changing it back didn't
fix it. I did this since I'm now (since yesterday lunchtime) getting `
interrupts from stopped card' on resume, which I didn't use too

(Please find my .config attached for additional clues, oh and I have
 serial-5.00 compiled rather than the default).

Comments, helping hands, flames, directions...

TTFN

--
Roger
     Think of the mess on the carpet. Sensible people do all their