RE: Hangup with 2.4.0-test6-pre2

From: Dunlap, Randy (randy.dunlap@intel.com)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 11:34:09 EST

> > Hi
> >
> > I've just upgraded from pre-1 to pre-2 and I get a complete
> system hangup
> > (no oops -- no nothing) when it gets to "Checking for new hardware".
>
> Hi,
>
> I don't know that we're seeing the same hang, but here I'm seeing a
> loop in ext2_get_block(). Try reversing the changes to
> fs/ext2/inode.c
> and see if your hang goes away.. it does here.
>
> -Mike

Mike, are you saying to reverse all of the test6-preN patches
to fs/ext2/inode.c?

I'm having a similar problem, don't know if it's the exact
problem though.

On my system (x86, RH 6.0 + 2.4.0 upgrades),
test6-pre1 and test6-pre2 hang after:

Enabling swap space
INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
Bringing up interface lo
   <HANG HERE>

Is "interface lo" a kernel build option or always present?
If an option, which one?

Now back to booting/using 2.4.0-test5.

~Randy