Re: RFC: design for new VM

From: Kanoj Sarcar (kanoj@google.engr.sgi.com)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 00:54:43 EST

> Hmmm, the vm discussion and the lack of good documentation on vm systems
> has sent me back to reread my old "VMS Internals and Data Structures" book,

I have been stressing the importance of documenting what people do
under Documentation/vm/*. Thinking I would provide an example, I
created two new files there, at least one of which was quickly outdated
by related changes ...

It would probably help documentation if Linus asked for that along
with patches which considerably change current algorithms. Trust me,
I have had to go back and look at documentations three weeks after
I submitted a patch ... thats all it takes to forget why something
was done one way, rather than another ...

Kanoj